open trunk and battery out of electric

I recently found that if I open the back trunk for a while, my battery will be out of electric the next day.

Anyone has the same experience? My battery is new and my car is 99 Camry.

Thanks qq

Reply to
Quick Function

So close the trunk and it wont drain your battery of electric. I don't see a problem??????

Reply to
P J H

There's a small light in the trunk. Similar to leaving a door ajar with the dome light on over night. Never tried it, but can see how the battey could run down.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

That shouldn't happen and he has to find out what the problem is. You propose a symptom solution, it doesn't address the cause.

John D.

Reply to
John D.

Please to supply more information.

Are you opening the trunk and leaving it open all night? Or are you opening it, then closing it completely again?

My guess is a light in the trunk is not turning off.

Reply to
Tegger

If I open it for, say 3 minutes, the battery will be bad the next day.

Thanks,

qq

Reply to
Quick Function

Remove the trunk light bulb. See what happens. If the battery does not go flat, then the light was staying on.

Reply to
Tegger

Sounds like a battery wiht little to near zero capacity left. Replace the battery.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Hi QQ,

Check your Alternater and battery. I used to have same problem with my nissan, after 3 months with the same symptom my Alternater ( which generates power ) was gone. So it's time to check that.

-Prasad

Reply to
Prasad