P0401 Check Engine Light

Hello Everyone,

This is for all the people who might not be aware that Autozone will read the engine scan and tell you the trouble for free of cost. This way you can get a good idea whats wrong and then go to a dealer or a mechanic. Otherwise an engine scan costs anywhere between $50 to $75. Thanks to these forums I got it for free. I was getting check engine light and I got P 0401 that EGR valve flow insufficient. Thanks a lot Groups

Reply to
learnfpga

Do a search too on ways to diagnose the problem - vacuum hoses, dirty throttle body, VSV, modulator or EGR valve if you intend to try it yourself first assuming you're mechanically inclined.

Reply to
johngdole

Yeah, a 401 code can be a MYRIAD of things. In my case, cleaning the vaccuum hoses did the trick!

Reply to
Hachiroku