P0773 shift solenoid e circuit electrical again

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4 cyl 162K miles

You may remember brought this topic up last year and would like to do so again, asking for some troubleshooting help.

The history is that the Check Engine light came on and it was the P0773 code. Toyota said there is a bad wire t the SL solenoid and replaced it but it never worked. I took it to transmission place and they claimed the shift lock-up solenoid is inside the transmission and not worth fixing but the drawings show iting outside the transmisson. I have been driving around for a year now and nothing has changed.

The transmision goes through the first three gears and then into overdrive but never puts the torque convertor into lock-up. The effect is that once I get over 45 MPH there is no more shifting. At 55 MPH the RPM used to be 2000 RPM and now it is 2200-2300 RPM. Gas mileage really hasn't suffered either.

I took the connector off the solenoid and there is 25 ohms at the solenoid itself. The connector shows 25K ohms with the engine off and

3 volts with the engine on. I do not know how to check it any other way.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
badgolferman

How does this check out?

ED

That is for the 6-cylinder Camry and the wiring diagram shows one wire going to the solenoid. Mine has two. I also don't know where and how to trace the wire to the ECM.

Reply to
badgolferman

"badgolferman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@reader.albasani.net:

Check your email.