Panel light

On my 97 Camry the light is out behind the Tachometer. How do o change it ?

Reply to
desgnr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Oh, I can't resist. With Difficulty.

Reply to
mack

I guess I'd better answer seriously. You take out the whole instrument cluster by removing the screws surrounding it, and ease it toward you while sitting in the driver's seat. You find the bad bulb and replace it (or perhaps it's just loose?) and reverse the procedure. It's harder to do than you might think, and took me about half an hour.

Reply to
mack

I did this for my 1995 camry - took the cluster out, disconnected cables - replaced bad bulb behind the "D"

- put it all back together - and then, unpleasant surprise: the air-bags light constanly on... To the dealer and here is goes $50 for clearing the light :-( How to avoid such unpleasant surprises during cluster removal ?

Reply to
Pszemol

Reply to
pfice

There are recessed holes for screws in the top side of the black trim.

Reply to
Pszemol