parking light replacement

I have 1996 Camry & both parking lights are out. The Chilton manual says to remove top screws and the side light fixture can be removed in order to get to bulb.

These are the small lights next to the headlights.

However, the fixture doesn't easily come loose when the top screw is removed and I am reluctant to force it.

Are there other screws or anything else that needs to be loosened in order to get to the bulbs??

Thanks for any assistance.

Reply to
stevef

Those things can be a pain. They're held on by one screw and a couple of anchor clips. Once the screw is removed, that marker light assembly pulls directly away from the front of the car (like the direction you face when you drive), and you will hear a loud pop when those clips come loose. If it is giving you a hard time you can try wrapping a flathead screwdriver with a rag and give a gentle pry between the body and the light casing. Just be sure to not pull it out to the side, or you will hear a loud pop followed by shards of plastic falling to the ground.

Reply to
qslim

thanks for the help. was able to replace with only a few small scratches.

Reply to
stevef

Yes,

Do be very patient and very careful. I had to change my right side turn signal in the middle of a cold snap last winter. The Chilton manual is not quite accurate in the description. So just go easy and you'll be fine.

JJ

Reply to
J Johnson