Plastic visable on instrument panel

The plastic visable in front of instrument panel on my n ew 03 camry with 20000 miles is becomming "cloudy" Same thing happened on my previous camry to the extent some parts of instrument panel were hardly visable. No amount of attempt to clean it up were successful.Its on inside. Any comments anyone with a similar problem

Reply to
Joseph Blanpain

Its maybe too late now, but a cloth moistened with water and small amount of soap is the only thing that shouldbe applied. The plastic is not high quality and will react to spirit-based cleaners by going cloudy.

I've seen badly scratched visors where a piece of paper towel was used,...equally unfortunate in its effect. There is a thing called perspex-polish which may help. Its an oily substance.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Ive heard of plastic polishes, but I have no idea if it will do more damage though. Windex is as strong a cleaner you should ever use, and be carefull you need a non scratching cloth, not a towel, not a paper towel not what car wash guys use.

Reply to
m Ransley