Please help, braking problem on 99 Toyota Camry LE

Greetings:

I am having problem with the brake and Toyota tech doesn't find any anomalies. Effectively, time to times when I brake hard (apply a lot of pressure on the pedal to slow down the car on a descent hill for instance) I feel my steering wheel is shaking like I am riding on a tiny speed-bump / ridges road (usually find at an highway exit). I have been told that the Disc need to be grinding and the problem will be gone. However, I have been driving a car through the rain yesterday and notice

  1. When braking to proceed to toll booth (30~40mph) the front end of the car shook violently.
  2. After braking, sometime I feel the steering wheel shook at speed between 70 ~ 80mph (note this speed was driven on a non-rainy section).
  3. After braking, some grinding noise could be heard. It sounds like the brake pad doesn't release properly and still stick to the brake disk.
  4. I never notice this problem (it was slightly shaken but not like this) before a recent visit to the dealer for a 60000 miles service. The brake are supposed to be inspected, since I report the problem to the Service Rep.
  5. The road surface seem to be normal without ridges. Otherwise I would feel them differently.

Does anyone encounter this problem? If so, what do you do to fix it?

Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
John

Gary Danaher

Reply to