Power mirror wiring info

I'm replacing the driver side power mirror on a 96 Camry LE (US built). The problem is that the salvage yard sold me a 93 mirror and it has a different plug arrangement. I can just switch out the plug, but the wires are different colors between the two different years. Can anyone tell me how to match up the wiring? Here is what I have:

96 Camry Blk Red Wht

93 Mirror Brn Grn/Red Brn/Wht

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
TCL

See if anyone who knows what they're talking about can match my wild guess:

Brn to Blk, Grn/Red to Red, and Brn/Wht to White.

Hopefully, inadvertently switching wires shouldn't cause any damage. Would guess the Brn - Blk to be ground, and the color wires to be to move the mirror in one or the other direction - but again, just guessing.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I was thinking about doing some trial and error too. I'm mainly concerned about getting the ground wrong and blowing out something in the mirror or worse yet back in the car.

in message news:...

Reply to
TCL