Power Seat Faliure!!!!!!

2003 Camry - the driver's power seat has stopped moving forward- backword horizontally.It's all the way up to the steering column after cleaning the back seats!!! It can still tilt and go up/down. I can hear a click when I push the button to move it horizontally but there is no movements. What could be the problem? Any obvious thing that I can chceck? Tracks look clear and wires connected. Could it be just the weak battery? Is there any bypass for power stuff to convert it into manual mode? Thanks in advance for yout time!
Reply to
johndl4

Also the electric motor that controls the seat's horizontal movement is hot to the touch

Reply to
johndl4

== Sounds like the track gear is jammed at the full forward stop position. If you've already tried sitting in the seat and throwing your weight rearward while trying to free it, the next step would probably be to disassemble as much as you need to try to move the track gear manually, with the blade of a screwdriver or something similar just to get it to release. I don't have the electric seat, but on the manual version there are four bolts that hold the seat base to the chassis, if you remove those you should get access.

Reply to
Daniel

Reply to
johngdole