Power Window and power lock

Hi, My power window switches on the driver side are not working(for all the four windows) and but other switches located at other doors works fine. They dun seem to be any response from the motor when I press the switch on the driver side. The other buttons, (window lock and power lock) switches on the driver side panel works fine though. So I wonder what could be the problem? Would it be the motor?

Reply to
kkloke

You need to see if the connector for the window lift switches got knocked loose somehow. You don't say what year. These swicthes are notorious for corroding the more they get used. You can try soldering the contacts if the connector is not the problem. Beyond that...

Reply to
HachiRoku

It is a Camry 91 LE. Sorry about that. Thanks for the quick response though

Reply to
kkloke

It is a Camry 91 LE. Sorry about that. Thanks for the quick response though

Reply to
kkloke

If it is the motor, the windows will not move regardless of which switch is used. Obviously, the problem is with your driver's side switch. The driver's side is used the most so you'll have more wear on it.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Try wiggling the wires in the harness that flexes at the door hinge. Over time, those wires can fail.

Reply to
Daniel

Try holding your finger on the window switch while opening the door. My window suddenly operates as the door reaches a certain extention....apparently the problem is in the wire harness.

Reply to
Marty009