Power Windows (don't roll up/down) - 94 Camry LE, 4dr, 4cyl

Hi, I have 94-Camry LE 4-dr, 4cyl.

Driver side both window glasses don't roll up/down with power windows switches.

I heard a small metal piece falling inside the door, and the window glass doesn't go up/down when I press power window switch. But I keep hearing some Motor noise for a while and goes after a miute or so. After few days, same thing happend to Rear-left window too (Same side).

What could be the problem ?? Any idea how much it costs to fix ?? Is it easy to do it your self ??

Appreciate your great inputs.

Thanks, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

A plastic piece that holds the motor driven cable to the window broke off -- you need to replace the entire window regulator for that 25 cent piece. The regulator is ~$95. Getting the door panel off is relatively easy save for the door handle trim -- it has to be pried off (forget the trick). Mine went at a toll plaza 2 hours into a 6 hour trip to NY in the rain. I was able to push the window up by hand and duct tape it up once I arrived at destination.

Reply to
Wolfgang