Powerlocks w/o battery?

Hi. Something has been nagging me for a while now. We have an aftermarket security system installed with a remote auto-doorlock feature ('95 Cam). Works great. However, without disconnecting the battery and all those consequences, does anyone know if the door key will still open the powerlocks even with a dead battery ..does the key just override the selected door to a manual unlock? Thanks Wayne

Reply to
Wayner

A key will open a Toyota with a factory installed electronic remote door lock. Not exactly sure what you have.

Reply to
Mark A

.does the key just override the selected door to a manual unlock?

Yes.

Reply to
nospampls2002

Battery in my 87 Camrey went dead...but auto door locks still worked. However, they popped up slower...but worked!

Reply to
Marty009

The door locker is an electronic actuator added to the existing mechanical linkage. The key works the mechanical linkage. They key will open the door no matter what.

Reply to
HachiRoku