Problem with my Door locks

I have a 93 Camry and having a problem with the rear passenger door. I cannot get the door to unlock/open. My remote door lock doesn't work for that door. And also when I manual move the lock on the door it still will not open. It will not open from the outside or from the inside. I would think this is more a mechanical than electrical, but wondering is this something I can handle or do I need to take it to the shop?

Reply to
bdowns

I'm no door expert but I have taken the panels off.

Most likely the latch has flipped off or something. Put your ear near the inner door jam and try to unlock/lock the door...do you hear the actuators? Probably so...so it's probably mechanical.

Since you can't open the door, try working with the inside door handle. Take off the bezel and fool aroudn with those metal latches in there...make sure it's connected, or try to open it with a set of vice grips or something....

Reply to
hlee