Programming a 2001 Camry LE w/ aftermarket alarm

OK-

I'm trying to program another keyless entry remote for a 2001 Camry LE, which I occasionally drive. It has an aftermarket alarm (Chapman) that was installed by the dealer and is integrated into the keyless entry/locking system. Frankly - it's about the stupidest alarm I've ever seen, and my father got it because he thought it would reduce the insurance rate (yeah right).

I've seen a couple of different instructions. One seems to be a sequence of using the key and opening/closing the driver door - supposedly for the 2002 version. That didn't seem to work.

The other involves sequence uses the key, drivers door, and drivers door lock/unlock button. The aftermarket alarm is enabled when the locks are enabled, the siren goes off when I open the door, and I can't continue.

Anyone know? Or perhaps something about the aftermarket alarm altered the programming sequence?

I have a new Subaru, and the instructions are right in the owners manual.

Reply to
y_p_w

If this car had factory keyless entry before the alarm was added you'll need to locate and disconnect the aftermarket alarm brain--usually behind the left kick panel or the lower dash panel below the steering column.

Once you've disconnected the Mickey alarm, do the second of the two procedures you've tried--should work, the 1st procedure won't work on pre-02 Camrys.

Reply to
Steve S.