pulling boots from original sparkplugs in '95 Camry V6

Practicing on the front three plugs, I've managed to remove two boots. The third seems to be epoxied onto its plug. I fear the boot will tear. Is there a trick or a tool? (If not, the back three plugs are hopeless.) Thanks for any advice, Gordon

Reply to
gordon & ilse slishman

There are quite a few different boot removal tools available. The one I like the best is shaped kind of like a shoe-horn, made of stainless steel and in two sizes. I think it's made by Lisle but I'm not positive. If you want I can look tomorrow when I go to the shop.

Reply to
davidj92

David, I cut a rounded 7/16" notch into a 1.5x6.5" scrap of 18-gauge metal, filed away the sharp edges, and used a pencil as fulcrum. After about 10 seconds of steady even tension, the boot released the spark plug. No bloody knuckles, and no torn boot! Thanks for the hint!

-Gordon

Reply to
gordon & ilse slishman

Good ingenuity. davidj92