Purchase the 05' or an 06' Camry?

We are considering trading our 03' Accord in for a new Camry, but we are not sure if we should wait for the 06'

Also, has anyone used the buying power of being a member of Sams Club or other purchasing club?

I have researched Edmunds and other web sites and the numbers from the dealer seems high, even when he first showed them too me. I have 49,000 miles on a CLEAN Accord and they offered me $9,800. So I tested the waters a little and they came up with another $1000 without blinking. They still are $2000 less than Edmunds.com and others for a trade. I honestly believe the trade in should be at least $11,900 and the cost of the vehicle about $18,800 since the Invoice base shows less than $18,200. If Toyota is like other manufactures they have hold back programs up to 4% for their dealers.

Their last offer: Cost of vehicle $19,800 Trade value $10,500

My expectations: Cost of vehicle $18,800 ($700 more than what Edmunds and Sams says they can get the car for) Trade value $11,900

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
CamryMan

A.) Go for the '06, I hear a new model is coming. B.)Just show them the #'s on paper that you want. They'll deal or not.

Reply to
Bob H

Toyota is coming out with a hybrid Camry. Wait for this one or wait till dealer offer subtantial rebates in early spring.

Big Rog

Reply to
bigrog_98

The Accord should be easy to sell privately. GIve it a try. Or be smarter and drive it a few more years.

Reply to
Art

I used the Sam's Club process and the best price I got was from a dealer 2 hrs away and was either $50 or $100 cheaper than the local dealer. I don't remember which number for sure but think it was $50 so I elected for local dealer. Would have made same decision if savings were $100. Usually the new models come out in Sept. so prices on '05's should get better. Many times toward the end of the year when people are buying holiday stuff they will have better pricing as well. I agree with one of the other posters, you can sell the Honda for a lot more than you can trade it for. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Get the invoice price of the exact model that you want from the internet and add $100 to it, then go to the dealer and don't let the dealer BS you , stick to that invoice+100 like super glue!, That's what Costco members usually get cars. If they offer you $300 in Service coupons if you agree to add $200 more, say NO! Those coupons are worthless.

I did the same thing as you, traded my Accord DX sedan 2003 L4 with accord V6's wheels for about $13200 (1 year ago @ 16,000 miles).

Reply to
E Arredondo

Wait for this one :