Question about front hood struts on '93 Camry

I need to replace the front hood struts on a '93 Camry (4 cyl). I can get the old strut off the top ball-joint, but I can't see how to remove the strut from the metal bracket at the bottom.

The strut-pin seems to be held in the bracket by some kind of unusual spacer with slots in it, but I can't see how to remove this spacer.

Will I need to resort to buying the whole strut assembly from Toyota, or will I be able to simply replace the struts with ones I can get at Pep Boys or a similar shop?

Reply to
acunniff

Most struts are available aftermarket from the usual places. They might be able to help with installation info, since Camry is a top selling model. I get mine at a CarQuest outlet. Quite a bit cheaper than dealer parts dept. Good luck Bob

2000 CE
Reply to
BeeP