question on maintance

I bought a used 99 camery. It runs good, ides a little rough. I don't have service manual. what is recommended 60k maintance? I don't think anything been done so far. Thanks.

Reply to
tj

I believe that on a 99, you should replace transmission fluid and radiator fluid every 30,000 miles. Plugs get replaced at 60,000 miles. I believe some of the newer models can go 90.000 with OEM plugs (different plugs than OEM on 99).

Air Filter should be checked and replaced as needed, but usually at least every 30,000 miles (you can just by the filter and do this yourself). Oil change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.

Do not ask for a 60,000 service. Just ask them to do the individual items you requested from the list above, otherwise they will charge you a lot extra for just checking out a bunch of other stuff (that they check anyway in order to suggest more business).

You can shop around various dealers for the best price on these items. Sometimes they have service specials on their website. You can have your oil changed anywhere, but I would recommend that you pay a dealer to do the other stuff.

Reply to
Mark A

This will help with your Question. Open the link and at the very top, click on "Scheduled Maintenance"

Good luck.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®