Re: 1999 Camry LE vibrates when gas applied

> > Irregular constant shakes (vibration) are felt *only* when gas pedal is

applied. What are

> the possible causes? > > Double check the spark plug wires. > Make sure all connections are solid. > Sounds like you have a "miss" in the engine after changing them.

A Bad motor mount is possible, but I had the same problem and it was a combination of things: Worn ball joints and a bad CV joint. Under acceleration, the drive axle moves off center and cause a vibration. Under coast it moves back into center and is smooth as silk. If the ball joints are worn, it allows the entire front suspension to vibrate. My 1995 Camry had about 120,000 miles at the time. Take the car to a really good mechanic, NOT THE DEALER and tell hiom all of the possibilities above. He will find it.

Reply to
Coronet54