Re: 2002 Camry LE V6 - Moisture in the front headlight - how to remove it?

>I have a 2002 Camry LE V6 and noticed that the front headlight has > some

> > moisture in it. What do I need to to to get rid > > of the moisture? > > > Take the bulb out, and get a hair drier. > > Stewart DIBBS

That won't help. If there's a crack or a break in the seam of the two halves of the headlight, the moisture will just come back the next time he washes his car or when it rains.

Take your headlight off, and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes. (Pre-heat to 350 degrees, then turn it off... and place it in the oven for 10 minutes with the oven off). When you take it out, take apart the two halves and put them back together. Use some sort of clamp to press them together tightly, and the glue will harden in about 30 minutes. Then replace your headlight.

Reply to
white3ch0c0late

I know, it sounds stupid, but I did just what Stewart did with my Nissan. And I live in the Oregon Rainforest. Once I got it dried out, it stayed dry. I was doing it as a stopgap measure, but maybe the heat caused some sort of expansion or something.

Anyway, it's been a year and I've no problem since. Might be worth a shot to try the hairdryer.

Reply to
timbirr