Re: 94 camry v6 xle: transmission's a little...shaky

Hi. I'm a recent subscriber to the group and hope to stick around for a > while.

> > I got my 94 camry v6 xle back in jan. but due to some problems, and even > more problems when I broke my right arm, I couldn't REALLY start driving > it until last month. Since I've noticed a few "odd" things. mostly a > problem with my transmission. It's an automatic, btw. Basicly the > shifting gets a little "clunky" and shaky sometimes, mostly when going > when going into second or leaving second to third. My friend told me > his uncle's 94 camry v6 le had a similar problem and I was curious if > that's just a coincidence and I could just bring it some place to do > some tweaking or if it's some more serious problem that might require > some sort of replacement?

Known Trouble Spots

Automatic transmission: A-40 series automatic transmissions may shift harshly because rubber check balls become smaller, blow through the plate, and get dislodged. (1992-96) /VH

Reply to
gladnir2

Thats was the tranny used on the old vans. The Camry V6 uses the A540.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Does a 96 Camry 4 cyl use the A-40 transmission. Mine shifts real positive into second but quite a jerk. Also, if you hold the gas down it sure has to go fast before it shifts. It will go over 5000 before shifting into 3rd.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

Ken, close, yours is an A140E. It sounds like you have a failing transmission.

Reply to
MDT Tech®