Re: Brake light replacement

Hi Kirby,

You are wise to inquire, because there is a portion of the 94 tail light assembly that will break if levered at heavily.

Say we are speaking of the RH assembly... the two screws on the LH end of that are out, and it is now loose at that end. The other end, around on the side of the car, is retained by a cylindrical bayonet about 4mm dia which pushes into a plastic bush in the body. You have to pop that loose. It is nearly at the far end of the assembly towards the front end of the car.There are no other fixings apart from the wiring loom.

To do so, run your fingers top and bottom of the assembly, from the rear around to the side, and as far forward as you can, pulling the assembly straight out to the side of the car, and a little to the rear.

It should pop loose. If you decide to lever it, use a well padded wide flat lever, and the weak bit which can snap off is anywhere from the top front corner to the bottom front corner of the plastic assembly.

Cheers

I'd rather ask than break something so here goes. I need to replace the > brake > light in a 94 Camry sedan. How do I get the tail light assembly out. i > have > removed the two screws but feel like I'm going to break something. Any > help > and all help is welcome. > > Kirby >
Reply to
White Family