RE check Brake Fluid indicator.

WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked fluid . Cleaned all connections.NO CHANGE. Called TOYOTA who told my brake pads were low so they would reshod them.They were only done 2k miles ago. And have those squeal tabs fitted anyway not electrical ones.

Although I have the Toyota electrical manual for the car and I thought I had traced out the circuit fully . I was employed in medical electronics. But there in all the leads was another wire sneaking off to a blocking diode which then ended up at "stop light system"

I had a DUFF STOP LIGHT. This brings on my dash indicator to CHECK BRAKE FLUID LEVEL according to user manual.

My user manual does not mention this at all. And even gives the wrong replacement bulb type in its listing. So there you go.

Its fixed now.

Thank you for the replies.

Johnny.UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin G3LIV.

Brake shoes after 2000 miles?? That is abnormal wear for sure. You had to be driving with your foot on the brake for all 2000 of those miles for them to wear out that quick. Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Mike ... Johnny UK said he had the brake done about 2000 miles ... AGO. In his case, a burned out brake light bulb tripped the BRAKE light .... the same light that the Parking Brake and brake fluid level sensor can also trip ON.

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

Ok I see that now sorry. If only those folks from the British Isles would learn to speak English. Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

It's probably fair to say the British abuse the mother tongue more than any other English speaking people. LOL

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

them

Hi Again, The point I was trying to make, was. That TOYOTA did not mention Brake STOP lights as a possibility. Only that they would dive in and replace the Brake Pads all round You know the expensive bit with good profit. And they even got that wrong because there is NO electrical grounding pad on them. Only that spring that squeals when pad gets low.

I just considered the point about the Duff Brake Stop Light was worth a mention on here.

My last pads lasted 60.000 miles.

In passing what did I say that was so wrong from a language point of view.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin G3LIV.

In news:c0d5l8$p1p$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk, Johnny Melvin G3LIV. being of bellicose mind posted:

Well ... "duff" is not an American term for something that is non functioning, burned out, toasted, broken, etc. LOL. "Duff" refers to boiled pudding, partly decayed, or fine coal. A "duffer" is also slang for an old man (ie, old duffer).

--
    -Philip

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm
not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
                                                                   -
Albert Farkminster
Reply to
Philip®

My apologies to Johnny UK as I was just making fun of the differences in our languages in North America and the UK. No personal insult was intended. Mike The Artful Codger

Reply to
Artfulcodger

our

SIR, Your apoligies accepted. I am sorry a local term crept into my posting.

Have a nice day.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin G3LIV.