Re: fuses?

Hello there,

> >My dashboard lights have stopped emitting light :-( ... I don't have >this car long yet, and don't know where the fuses are.. > >It is a 1990 V6 Camry.. > >Thanks for any help..
Reply to
R.M. Drupsteen

For the fuse panel look under the dash on the left kick panel. But the fuse(TAIL-15A) that powers some of the dashlights also powers other circuits like the tail lights and the glove box light, if those lights work, the fuse is OK Did you try to rotate the reostat that controls the dash lights brightness? It could have been turned down accidently. Hope this helps JerryR

Reply to
JerryR

Thanks for the responce!

the glovebox light is allso gone.. I should check the tail-lights.. Hope they work ;-)

Is the dash-light a light-bulb that can brake down? Or is it a led??

Reply to
R.M. Drupsteen

As far as I know the dash light is a bulb, but why are you going through all this, CHECK THE FUSE, if you are not sure which fuse is which,(I think they are marked-but they don't necessarilly describe exactly all the circuits they protect)check all the fuses. BTW you are better off checking the fuses with a continuity tester, or a test light, rather than by just looking at them(it's not always that obvious). JerryR

Reply to
JerryR

where the fuses are located on a 1990 V6

Check the Owner's manual. If yours is missing, check Ebay under "camry manual" The first 1990 Camry Manual I came across was:

but I'm sure there are other listings, too.

Gives you the service capacities, basic service procedures for do it yourself, how to change all the bulbs and operate all the controls plus other useful information that Toyota thought you should know. Besides fuse locations, should indicate the function of each fuse also.

Usually go for under $10

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Thanks! I have gone for that.. Hope the US Camry is not to different....

Reply to
R.M. Drupsteen