Re: Leak between auto trans and differential - V6?

Hi,

> >Today I went to change the fluid in the transmission and diff of my 94 V6 >Camry (3VZ engine with iron block). The handbook with the car specifies that >this model has a separate fluid supply for each, and in previous fluid >changes I have done, it has always behaved that way. > > >Geoff

When I cleaned, regreased, and rebooted my CV joints a couple of years ago, on my 94 v6, I drained the diff fluid so it wouldn't leak out when I pulled the shafts out. When I finished a few days later and went to refill the diff case, I found it would only hold about 1/3 of a quart. After starting the engine and checking the tranny fluid, it was about a quart low.

Even though they call them separate compartments, I'm sure there is an opening between them, so gears won't be ruined if people forget to refill the diff.

Jim

Reply to
Jim