Re: power steering pressure hose.

I have a 1995 toyota camry v6le.(around 140k miles) The power steering fluid is leaking and I was told that the pressure hose needs to be replaced.

I dont want to spend 350$ on it(thats what the dealer asked, just for the hose!!).

I saw it online at two places.

partsamerica.com

The first site lists the price as around $40 the second one is around $100.

Do these work on my car? What is the difference between them? Why is there a $60 difference in price between both these sites?

Thank you very much for your responses. I really appreciate it.

Hi pressure hydaulic hoses can be made to order for a fraction of $350 at any hydraulic equipment place for tractors and stuff. They will want to see the old hose to get the fittings right, but before you do that, clean the area down with degreaser and hose it off, then go for a drive and see if you can see where its leaking from.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James