Re: Toyota Throttle Electronics Easily Confused

The floor mats and sticking pedal accounts for only 30% of the

> problems. The true cause of sudden acceleration is still not known so > no real solution is possible. IMO it's the electronics. > > "In earlier testimony, David Gilbert, a Southern Illinois University > professor, tells the panel he was able to produce in a lab environment > a sudden-acceleration incident using a Toyota vehicle, in essence by > introducing a short between two circuits. > > Gilbert, whose research was sponsored by consumer advocacy firm Safety > Research & Strategies, says it was fairly simple to confuse the Toyota > electronics, but he has so far been unable to introduce a similar > failure in the electronic controls for a Buick Lucerne." > >

I thought it was 70% of complaints lodged going back to 02 or near, not 70% of affected cars.

Im sure they know the reason why it happens, toyotas beancounters just figure its cheaper to ignore it and too hard to prove.

===============

That attitude must be taught in business schools. It closely matches the attitude of airlines & aircraft manufacturers.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My attitude is logic, yours ignorance.

Reply to
ransley

My attitude is logic, yours ignorance.

I was referring to the attitude of the bean counters, you knucklehead. That being the case, the only way you could possibly disagree with me is to have read NOTHING in the past 20 years about how airlines & aircraft manufacturers view risk vs safety.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My attitude is logic, yours ignorance.

*********** What we need are facts, not "logic" nor innuendo. "Logic" leads a lot of people to false conclusions.