Real World gas mileage for Camry V6?

I'm considering purchasing a used Camry, probably 99 or newer. I drove an 01 V6 and it was very smooth. Has anyone checked their gas mileage, actually filled the tank, drove, noted the miles on refill and divided by gallons used? I would of course be interested in both city and freeway, thanks to all.

Reply to
Rick

I haven;t checked any but my own, but I keep up with mileage regularly by resetting the trip odomoter at every fill-up and such. I own a 1994 V6 XLE and get an average of 25-27 MPG on the highway while running the AC. With the AC off, it is closer to 30-33. In the city I get around 22-25 with the AC and 25-27 with no AC.

01

used?

Reply to
Kyle Plowden

I'v got a 2002 Camry LE V6 and have been getting 37 MPG (Canadian gallon) on the highway. The ride is extremely smooth for a midsize car. Powerwise, I love the V6 when travelling through the Canadian Rockies.

01

used?

Reply to
A Konash

I have actually got over 40 MPG Canadian on my 2002 LE V6

on

an

actually

Reply to
Car Guy

I'm thinking of purchasing a Camry and liked the way the V6 felt, I was just curious what the mileage was for them. I live in California, though, am bet Canada has easier emission restrictions then here so cars may get better mileage. Do Canadian cars have very strict emissions?

Rick

Reply to
Rick
92 Camry v-6.
01

used?

Reply to
David

I have a Lexus ES300, a close cousin of the V6 Camry. I get 23-24 city and

27-29 highway. Mine likes premium gas best; yours may too.
Reply to
TANKIE