rear left door won't open from inside.

Hi all,

I just want to find out if this problem is common.

I bought this 1997 Camry XLE AS IS. It runs great!! However I noticed friday that I can't open the left side rear door from the inside.

I took the door panel apart and carefully peeled back the plastic. the rod from the door handle seems to move freely, but seems to for lack of a better term "slip" over something in the latch. the child safety lock is disengaged so that is not the problem.

Tried having a look at the latch from iside the door, but was unsuccesful "not a whole lot of room there".

does anyone have any idea or has seen this before?

Thks!!

Reply to
zaner

Not the child safety lock by any chance???

Reply to
Peter

Reply to
Alex Marcuzzi

"the child safety lock is disengaged so that is not the problem."

Reply to
Joe

I was afraid that is what i'll have to do. I guess some weekend, their is going to be a trip to the liquor store (LOL) and then crack one open take a drink, and start taking these 2 doors apart.

thks!! And no it's not the child safety lock. LOL

Reply to
zaner

[...]

You said it doesn't work from the inside. Does it work from the outside? If so, get on the inside and have someone open and close, and open and close the door from the outside and see what happens compared to when you open the door from the inside. Just a thought.

Reply to
Father Guido

Been there done that. Can't see!! Pretty cramped in there.

Reply to
zaner