Rear Lights out of wack

I have an issue with my rear lights on my 93 Toyota SR5 extended cab

4x4. If anyone could direct me on the right path. That would be great.

1.When using my directional signals & applying the break at the same time, the signals flash fast & alternate left & right and are dim.

2.When using the cruise & the directional signal at the same time. The cruise will shut off.

3.After turning off the truck & opening the drivers door while the key is still in the ignition. There is a steady tone sound. As if I have left my lights on.

4.When appling the break you will see the signal indicator lights on the dash light up.

If any one has a solution. Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Thanks

Reply to
jvz5000

I don't do email, but the problem is 1 of 2. Pull the bulbs out the rear and see if they are in good condition, if not replace them. If the problem continues you have a ground missing from one or both sockets.

My bet is a bad bulb.

Reply to
Tercel GTS

I have looked at all the bulbs, but will check again. I also disconnected the negitive battery & run a cable from the negitive terminal & checked all the components 1 at a time to see if the ground came off, but everything checked out ok. I will check all grounds again.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
jvz5000

Sounds like it's time to start checking for shorts.

Reply to
Hopkins

Do you mean 2 hots touching??

Reply to
jvz5000

Hi There, I am pretty sure its a bad earth connection. Like dirty to chassis ( high resistance ) and can not carry the current.

You sometimes see this on caravans. They don't ( or did not in my time ) use an earth return wire. They used the metal body as the earth return.

Check also the Battery ground strap to the chassis. Also check the FUSE HOLDERS for loose fuse or dirty connections. But I think the problem is more local to the rear lights.

Enjoy.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

Hey uys

Thanks for all the help. I did find a bad ground in the back left corner. All fixed now. Again thanks Guys

Reply to
jvz5000