Red and green coolant

I have a 98 Camry, 4cyc. it has those red coolant in it, can I mix green coolant with it? The owners manual didn't say anything.......

Thanks Kenny

Reply to
Ken

Parts house guy told me no... it will turn to glop and cause problems.

Cheers!

Reply to
Roger Scow, Sr

The Owner's manual tells you to use genuine Toyota parts. If you go to the Toyota dealer, they will only sell the correct red factory coolant. BTW, only mix with distilled water. Don't alter the coolant. If your car overheats even once, you can cause expensive engine damage, or at minimum shorten engine life substantially. Also, not a bad idea to periodically change the radiator cap and thermostat. Cheap insurance.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

thanks for all your info, I will stop by the dealer tomorrow.

Kenny

Reply to
Ken