Red Blinking Security Light

Have a 2011 Camry LE w/ no option pack.

It has a red security light that begins to blink when the engine is turned-off.

Since I didn't buy the option pack that mentions security, anyone know what the light is indicating

Reply to
M Harris

I'd check the owner's manual.

Reply to
Robert H

Owners manual describes features that I know my car doesn't have. ex. if door is locked but window is down enough to reach inside to unlock door, alarm will sound. -- mine does not.

This is why I'm asking group what the light indicates when one didn't get the security option.

Reply to
M Harris

Your car still has the special ignition system feature that used an rfid (radio frequency identification) chip to identify authorized users. The blinking light is just there to alert potential thieves that your car has the feature that requires the chip to run. It doesn't really mean anythig normally, so ignore it - unless it comes when you try to start the car. I am sure it is described in your manual.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Tnks Ed - Yes that's in the manual but with a lot of over things that it clearly doesn't have. Would have been nice if they used an asterik or something to indicate some of featuers where not in plain jane version.

Reply to
M Harris

Alternately, it would be nice to, say, go to the Toyota web site, select your trim level and options, and print a custom owner's manual for your vehicle. It seems like it would not be very difficult for Toyota (or any other automaker) to set up.

Reply to
Robert H

snipped-for-privacy@blocknews.net...

My light on my 2011 camry started to blink right after i used a copied key to start it. the car didnt start bc the key did not have a chip. but again, the light began to flash soon after. :( ...it bugs me, how do i get rid of it????

Reply to
Firas Taher

I just bought a new 2012 Camry. When I got home and turned everything off, the security light began flashing and is still flashing. Is there anyway to turn off this flashing light or doesn't it take much battery power? Don Johnson, Deering NH

Reply to
djj1

I'm guessing you have an anti-theft intrusion setup. We have had one on our

2002 Camry for the past 10 years with a blinking red LED that goes on once the car is locked. We've left the car unused for a week unused many times and there's never been a problem starting it. Consider too that the blinking light gives warning to thieves that you have a system in place.
--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

Where is the red security light located on dash 2006camery?

Reply to
beverlypierrain64

For a 2007. which I hope is same as 2006, it is about an inch to the left of the clock.

I.e., that is way up on the center of the dash, close to the windshield glass. It is not down in front of the driver with speedometer etc.

Reply to
brendan welch

Reply to
michael.le6443