Red Blinking Security Light

Threaded View
Have a 2011 Camry LE w/ no option pack.

It has a red security light that begins to blink when the engine is
turned-off.

Since I didn't buy the option pack that mentions security,  anyone know what
the light is indicating

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

I'd check the owner's manual.

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

Owners manual describes features that I know my car doesn't have.  ex. if
door is locked but window is down enough to reach inside to unlock door,
alarm will sound. -- mine does not.

This is why I'm asking group what the light indicates when one didn't get
the security option.

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

Your car still has the special ignition system feature that used an rfid
(radio frequency identification) chip to identify authorized users. The
blinking light is just there to alert potential thieves that your car has
the feature that requires the chip to run. It doesn't really mean anythig
normally, so ignore it - unless it comes when you try to start the car. I am
sure it is described in your manual.

Ed

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

Tnks Ed  -  Yes that's in the manual but with a lot of over things that it
clearly doesn't have.   Would have been nice if they used an asterik or
something to indicate some of featuers where not in plain jane version.

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

Alternately, it would be nice to, say, go to the Toyota web site, select
your trim level and options, and print a custom owner's manual for your
vehicle.  It seems like it would not be very difficult for Toyota (or any
other automaker) to set up.

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

My light on my 2011 camry started to blink right after i used a copied
key to start it. the car didnt start bc the key did not have a chip.
but again, the light began to flash soon after. :( ...it bugs me, how
do i get rid of it????

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

I just bought a new 2012 Camry. When I got home and turned everything off, the
security light began flashing and is still flashing. Is there anyway to turn off
this flashing light or doesn't it take much battery power?
Don Johnson, Deering NH

Re: Red Blinking Security Light

I'm guessing you have an anti-theft intrusion setup. We have had one on our
2002 Camry for the past 10 years with a blinking red LED that goes on once
the car is locked. We've left the car unused for a week unused many times
and there's never been a problem starting it. Consider too that the blinking
light gives warning to thieves that you have a system in place.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

Re: Red Blinking Security Light
2011 | Toyota | Camry | Security Alarm Light | Ho...:
http://youtu.be/YTrYN7ZgSNw

http://youtu.be/YTrYN7ZgSNw

Site Timeline