Register a 2002 Camry in Calif. will cost...?

Howdy.

I have my dad's 2002 Camry in California for the next year. It's out of state registration will expire this month. So I guess I'll need to register it here.

It's made in Japan and has the "Calif" emissions sticker stuff, so that won't be an issue.

Does anyone have any idea what it will cost to register this car in California? Or where I can look to get that info?

Thanks.

Reply to
Big Kahuna

If car is brought into calif, you have a specific amount of time to register once it enters Calif. I think its 20 days. If you fail to register it within that timeframe there is an additional fine that you will have to pay. You will also have to get a smog test on the car to register it here. Not sure what the registation fee is for the car, I think its on the value of car. I would estimate $250-350 plus some transfer fee for out of state. For more detail, search for calif dmv site. Your other option maybe to re-register last state. Check with your insurance co., you may need to change policy if you are a resident of calif.

Reply to
jjjsan

OK,

I know I have to register it in 20 days. And I know there's a penalty if I don't. And I know I will need to smog it. And I already took care of insurance. (and I didn't forget to floss last night)

Same question: Does anyone know if there is a CA DMV registration fee calculator someplace? I've googled the hell out of it and I can find lots of references to the VLF being based on the year/model/price, but no actual chart or computation method or anything.

I guess someone with a 2002 Camry registered this year could tell me....

Thanks.

Reply to
Big Kahuna

Too Much, Don't do it......