Removing AC controls panel - 2005 Camry

Hello everyone, Just recently I bought a new deck to replace the factory stereo, as well and all the neccessary stuff (i.e. harness and mounting plate). I tried to follow the instructions I found online for removing the panel but got stuck right in the beginning...

I managed to remove safely the front plate (trim) on the AC control panel as well as the trim of the stereo. I ended up with clear view of the stereo and the 4 bolts that need to be removed. However I cannot remove the actual AC controls (the 3 knobs). It appears to me they need to be removed in order to get access the the two lower bolts that hold the brackets with the stereo.

Could someone give me some idea how I can remove the AC panel (with the knobs) without screwing up something??? I would really greatly appreciate any directions as to how to do that... Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alan D.

Reply to
Alander

SNIP

Not positive on your model but most knobs just pull straight off. Try using a rag over knob so you don't scratch it and grab with pliers then pull straight out. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

That lower panel will the three knobs comes right off. Yank the bastard out. Wrap a rad around a flat head and work it out from the corners. Easy as pie.

Reply to
qslim