Removing back seat bottom from 2005 Camry

I can't seem to get the back seat bottom removed from my 2005 Camry. It was easy to pull it from the clips on my 2000. Is there something different with the 2005?

Reply to
Sliderbot

Pull straight up, not towards the front of the car. It is easier if you pull up one side (RH or LH) at a time. Just remember, as hard as it is to pull up, it will be harder to line up and put back. ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

I find it near impossible. Would you suggest a screwdriver?

Reply to
Sliderbot

I would not recommend using a screwdriver because it will probably end up tearing the upholstery.

Here is a link to Camry repair manuals. Go the Generation 5 link, go to section 72 (Seats), then go to Page 72-38. The seat bottoms are secured the same way for TMC (Toyota Motor Corp. in Japan) and TMMK (Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky) made Camrys.

This will give you an idea of where the spring clips are located and how to lift them up.

Reply to
Ray O

Pick up one corner, slide your hand in (as much as you can) and PULL!!!

I don't know what changed from 1995 until now. My '95 Tercel had the 'tabs' like the cars in the 80's, you'd press them and lift. But now (and I didn't look, or I've forgotten...) they do it different. The rear seat in my Scion was a BIOTCH!!! I stuck my hand in (both hands, actually) and pulled straight up, and it came out. BTW, it HURTS!!! But, once you get one side done, the other is easy.

It's not as hard to line up as Ray alludes, but it ain't easy! If you've done it with older models, it's the same. Get it lined up and PUSH and it will pop back in.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I used a secret weapon, my wife. Another couple of hands at a different angle, and it snapped free. Thank you for your response!

Reply to
Sliderbot

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:80020$459f255b$47c2b532$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

where is the link you referred too, Ray O

Reply to
KjunRaven

Oops, my bad. Here is the link:

Ray O