Replace 03 Camry drivers seat with Corolla seat?

I just can't get the drivers seat in my 2003 Camry LE to be comfortable. It's all power adjustments, but with my back problem there's no position that I can sit in it for any length of time. There just isn't enough support in the seat. I wish I had driven the car more before buying it, but my 94 Corolla is pushing 300,000 miles and I felt I needed something newer. The Corolla seat has always fit me fine with no discomfort. Can a Corolla seat be switched for the Camry seat? Toyota was no help when I contacted them, meanwhile, my brand new Camry is sitting in the driveway. I've tried accessory items, but nothing is working. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Candi Simms

You could look into the Obus Forme drivers seat. I have one on my 2002 Camry LE V6 and it seems great.

Car Guy

Thanks. I actually bought the Low Back from Obus Forme just last week. I tried it for a few days, but it really didn't help my condition. I'm talking to the dealer I purchased the car from to see if they can find a replacement seat. I'm thinking of just trading this Camry for a Corolla, but the new ones have a pretty stiff ride. I'd really like to just put my seat into the Camry, but knowbody seems to know if it can work.

Reply to
Candi Simms

I'd really like to just put my

You'll just have to try it. Bolt holes may not line up. Perhaps a body shop can fabricate new mounting holes (weld an extension or cut back slightly as needed.) It's possible you'd be so fortunate as to find everything just lines up, but unlikely. There are only four bolts that hold it in - one on each corner at the bottom. You'll need to use the existing holes in the frame, so it is the mounting point at the base of the seat that would need to be altered. Shouldn't be too difficult for someone with the right shop equipment. If the seat had power adjustments, that adds an extra layer of complexity in adapting the wiring, but if manual adjust, you just need to get it bolted in.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus