Replace '99 camry cass/radio with premium cd/cass/radio from 2001 4runner

Hello all,

After much thinking(even after buying the item on ebay) I finally replaced the stock cass/radio in my 1999 Camry LE with a premium cd/cass/radio(with AMP) from a 2001 4runner bought on ebay. Here are my observations and questions.

  1. In addition to having the CD player :-) the sound clarity is improved and stereo imaging is very good. The CD player reads CD-Rs too and skipping very little on rough roads.

  1. The cd/cass/radio came with a toyota amplifier, which could fit in the small place left under head unit after installation. The installer said he just left it without taping/bolting since no space and assured it will not move anywhere while driving.

  2. The radio reception is improved since the head unit has diversity reception though my 99 has only 1 antenna on rear window. In fact, if I change FM radio stations by selecting preset buttons, it tunes immediately instead of waiting for 2 seconds.

  1. It looks very good on dash though the theme is different from 99 cd/cass/radio themes.

Now, here are my questions:

  1. My camry only has 4 speakers where as this premium unit is intended for 6 speakers. Will I face any electrical/audio problems later on? Will there be any missing audio from the absent 2-speakers? I feel sound quality is good though .

  1. If speakers are to be replaced, what make/model is suitable for this unit?

Thanks for reading

VK

Reply to
vk