Replacing Brake Rotors

I have a 2000 Camry and would like to replace the rear brake rotors. However, I can't get the rotors off. I even tried to back off the self adjustuing emergency brake spindel. What gives? What's the secret to removing the rotors?

Thanks

Reply to
Steve

Hello Steve,

Just saw your posting about your Rotors and you could do better by saving time and money by letting the pro's do that one.

Not trying to be funny but you're talking brakes and rotors "Steve" If you want to save money go to an import parts store in your area and buy the rotor's and brake pads you need for your car much cheaper this way from there go to Pepboys and have them install for you or talk to one of the mech. on the side to install for you.

I did, So can you, I just had my rotor's and brakes pads replaced back and front and all was done for less than $300, I had an estimate for $780 at a brake shop.

Before you do anything invest into this information @

It will Save you Time & Money when making good choices about your car repairs, I did so can you!

Good Luck Steve,

Tony Grant Associate

GrantOrg

Steve, I am not sure all rotors are the same, but on mine the rotor has three small threaded screw holes spaced equally around the center section of the rotor. I was able to get three of the correct metric thread screws that will screw into the rotor, they will back the rotor off the hub. Use equal force on each of the three screws. You could go to a shop and look at a new rotor to get the correct screw size.

Good luck

-- Tony Marsillo Nutmeg Repair

Reply to
Tony Marsillo