Replacing CD Player - 98LE (#34230)

Greetings:

I may have to replacing skipping CD player. It's 5 years old & skipping. I've tried compressed air, cleaning CD's etc, but ultimately I may have to replace it.

Toyota wants $315 for the player (not incl labor). If I go to Circuit City or some such place, I can't get a CD player to integrate with the existing radio and tape player, already in the car.

So I guess I've got two options. Pay Toyota $315 + labor or replace everything - radio, tape & CD.

Other suggestions?

Thanks -

Leonard M. Wapner

Sure - call the U.S. repair center for the CD player maker (probably Fujitsu Ten or Panasonic), check the web for address and info; or use an independent repair center such as Factory Car Stereo Repair, Inc.

Travis Jordan

I replaced my old Toyota player (knicknamed 'skippy') with a new Kenwood (KDC-MPV7019) MP3 player. Paid $200 for the unit and $45 to have it installed and it's been amazing. The sound quality doesn't even compare to the old Toyota player and it has yet to skip a single time in the six months that I've had it installed. I burned four CD-R's with a total of about 850 MP3's of my favorite tunes, which could take me across the country and back without ever hearing the same song twice. I can't imagine anyone today buying a new CD player that doesn't play MP3s. Good luck.

NRJ

P.S. - A good web site to check out with lots of info on Car MP3 CD players-

"Very funny Scotty..... Now beam down my clothes!"

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson