Roof Rack for Camry 2005

I am looking for a good value on a Camry 2005 roof rack (planning for transporting a canoe). In Canada the Sport Rack company provides a good value on roof racks, but they do not provide one for Camry 2002 and forward.

Does anybody know a good online retailer for car racks?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Reply to
Wes Braczkowski

Did you try Yakima --- look on ebay as new they are pricy. I have the Kayak setup and it works great.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Try these guys. If you email for a better price, I've always got another

10% off.

Alex

I bought Yakima racks from

and got a pretty good deal. Locks came free.

However, because the Yakima bars are have round (perfect circular shape) cross section, they would make a buzzy noise above 30MPH. It has to do with fluid dynamics. There is no noise from the bars when there is cargo on them though. Of course, the cargo itself would create noise. So if you plan to leave the racks on the roof while not having anything loaded, it could be annoying.

I've talked some guys after I got my racks. They all recommend that the Thule racks are less noisy. Thule bars are rectangular cross section with smooth edges. This is a better design than the perfect circular shape. Think about why golf balls are not totally smooth.

My $0.02.

Reply to
Pretty Boy

I have the Thule racks and they whistle.

Reply to
rogerblake