Satellite kit in 2007 Avalon

Purchase new Avalon and had the satellite kit installed. Called XM to activate account and it is now working in car. My question is, should I be able to change the XM stations with the channel up/down button on my steering wheel? The only way I change channels now is with the tuning knob. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bjd

If the owner's manual does not specifically say that you can change the XM stations with the channel selector button on your steering wheel, it is usually safe to assume that feature is not included.

Reply to
Ray O

That would be wierd. On my Honda Accord and Odyssey they have similar set ups and both can change stations from the steering wheel. Of course we only used satellite radio during the free trial period. Why anyone would pay monthly for radio subscription is beyond me.

Reply to
Art

I dunno about that, but what are your favorite XM channels?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I agree on both points!

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
BigJim

And, you can listen to Glenn Beck on 165 9AM to 12PM, and the BBC also...

Reply to
Hachiroku

rather hear glen branca!

someone

If the radio is the same as the one in the 2007 Camry w/JBL, DVD, etc., you have to assign the presets first (up to 18 of them on SAT1, SAT2, SAT3). The up and down buttons on the steering wheel move among the presets whether in SAT, FM, or AM modes. .............................. The center of the universe is always someplace else.

Reply to
Route 101©