Scratched Windshield Glass

Tried removing hard water stains from the windshield of my 2005 Camry LE using vinegar and a little green, non-metal, kitchen scrubbing pad. Afterward, I noticed that it had left scratches. I didn't think those pads could scratch glass or is there some kind of plastic coating on the surface? Any ideas on the best way to remove hardwater, calcium/lime deposits?

Reply to
Ben

I've got kitchen glassware that has fine scratches from the same green pad. Maybe it's the sand in the water?

I have used #0000 steel wool saturated with glass wax and polished out the water deposits on a car. It worked pretty well and I didn't notice any scratches (I kept the pad saturated while rubbing, waited to dry and then buffed it out). Glass wax may be harder to find now though. Zaino Wax (online) has some I believe.

You might check at a automotive paint store and see what their detailers offer.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Some of those pads have abrasives in them. Sort of like the Scotch Brite pads. You have to read the fine print to make sure the pad is only pure plastic.

Reply to
Kurt Krueger

CLR will remove some mineral deposits. I used to flush the lines in a steam jenny to clean depostis with it. You can find it most discount stores, I think Dollar General carries it also. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Reply to
Wolfgang