Seat belt bulbs goes on during driving

Camry '95, 201000 miles. I wear seatbelt but the lamp on the dashboard goes on/off during driving like there was something wrong with the seatbelt latch near the seat.

What can it be ? Is this covered with a lifetime warranty as the seatbelt is a part of the car safety devices ? Or I will have to pay to fix it ?

Reply to
Pszemol

It's likely you are carryingan object of some sort in the passenger seat while driving (briefcase, purse or something) the sensor in the seat ID's it and says it needs a seat belt.

or maybe you have some other "real" problem.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

I do not think such sensors were installed in 1995 camry...

Reply to
Pszemol

hence the line you forgot to copy to your response....

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

I did not "forget" to copy - I have cut it intentionally since I wanted to leave only the fragment of quotation I am refering to

- not the whole thing - available on demand anyway.

Thank you for your participation :-)

Reply to
Pszemol

There is a micro switch inside the buckle that is probably failing

Reply to
Jay Fowler

there are 2 different kinds of seatbelt indicators. On the old toyota's once the seatbelt is pulledout the seatbelt indicator will go off. Nowadays the indicators don't go off until the belt is latched to the buckle. Older toyota's only have this feature on the driver side. . In time, dirt is accumulated on the belt. Try pulling out the belt all the way out and see

Reply to
EdV