Seat belt clip on 93 LE?

I've had to move driver's seat due to adding a lumbar support on the seat and now the seat belt chafes my neck. It was always somewhat uncomfortable in the winter wearing a heavy jacket and will be even more so now. I've always had the lever on the door frame in its farthest down position (up makes it worse). Is their some kind of clip sold to prevent the belt from retracting with such normal force. The belt still does it's lockup thing when I have it held a bit out then yank on it suddenly so it shouldn't be a safety issue. I can live with having to push the belt into the car when I exit.

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
Marc

I'm sure you've probably already tried this, but have you moved the rear of the seat cushion all the way "up" so it touches the seat back, and moved the seat back all the way tilted "forward"? (without adding a lumbar support) I find the stock seat gives pretty good support that way, plus raising the seat cushion fully may get the belt off your neck and on to your shoulder where it should be.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

seat

I've always had the entire seat all the way up as I'm about 6 feet tall and feel that I need it. I can see why letting it down would pull the belt in towards my neck.

I'd also had been keeping the front of the seat tilted up to support my thighs. My doctor told me to make the seat as flat as possible and to get the lumbar support. Raising the rear of the seat gets it closer to flat which is what I think you're saying too. I then tried tilting the entire seat back upright and even moving the entire seat backwards to try to compromise. I feel like I'm leaning over the top of the wheel.

I'll go out again tomorrow and run through the steps you recommend but I just happened to end up trying that combination but not in precisely the same order.

Its funny that in the past I always loved my seats but I guess when you hurt your back everything changes. The lumbar support I bought from the Relax the Back store helps somewhat but not entirely. I still would like to find something like a clip to ease off the retracting of the belt.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

I guess when you hurt

I have some additional ideas that may be helpful if you'd like to respond by e-mail

crm3NOSPAM@ixDOTnetcomDOTcom

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus