servo-assistance unit too strong?

Camry V6 2004 I can push down the brake-pedal almost to the bottom. Works the servo-assistance unit too strong? Is that adjustable? Who recognizes this phenomenon?

Reply to
Ed Dokma

Everyone. This has been a long standing complaint on your generation Camry, but as far as Toyota is concerned it is normal and has no fix for it. I had one customer that took it to the point where the field reps from Toyota came out to the dealer. They drove the car with me, looked at it on my lift, called it normal, got back in their black helicopter and went home.

The brakes do feel like total garbage, you're right. But, apparently that's the way Toyota designed them, and they do stop the car.

Reply to
qslim