Size change on Camry Radio - What year?

I drive a 94 Camry LE 4 cyl. In a previous post I was advised a 05 will not fit my camry. Does anyone know what year the size changed from what I have? Mine was made in Japan, if that helps.

Please refer to previous post response:

> >>Will a radio from a 05 camry fit in my 94 4 cyl 4 door? >> >>If not, anyone have experience with Delphi or other manufacturers that >>don't result in taking more room than the original factory radio? >> >>Thanks! > >Unfortunately, '05 Camry's radio system is different than yours. Your >radio size is still the 7" wide model while the Camry's is wider. If >I know of anything I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Reply to
Spamtrap
03 and up are for sure different --- also believe they changed the plug in
  1. If you get a prior 97 one that says antitheft - make sure you get the code and the amplifier.
Reply to
Wolfgang

Ah here's reference URL

Width size 87-00 7 1/16", 00-04 7 7/8", Camry 02-04 8 9/16"

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
Spamtrap

Not sure if this is relevant, but I just replaced the radio in our '96 Camry (Japan) with a Sanyo Sanyo FXCD-550 Single DIN CD/Cassette Combo.

92-96 is the same opening for the radio.

Very straight forward installation with the install kit from Crutchfield. Not the cheapest solution at $250, but about three hours after I got the unit, it was installed and working.

If you get a unit like this, it's much easier to install with the stuff from Crutchfield, even though you pay a slight premium from Crutchfield.

Look for a Crutchfield referral coupon code which saves you $20 off the price, and I think that there is some deal with Mastercard that saves another $20. "

"

Reply to
scharf