Sluggish acceleration and brake question

I've driven Accords so long I don't know what other vehicles are like to drive :-)

I have a 2005 Camry with 9000 miles, bought it with 5000 on it as a demo.

It seems that the acceleration and breaking require more travel on the pedals than what I'm accustomed too. The breaks go to about three inch's to the floor and the car from a stopped position requires that much to accelerate.

I guess I'm asking do others who have an 05 Camry require much travel to obtain results or does mine require an adjustment?

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
<Camary>

Bob,

On my 2005 Camry LE 4cyl the brakes start coming on progressively right away as I depress the pedal. There is not dead travel till they start coming on. Acceleration comes on right away as well and is strong for a 4 cyl. Hondas probably are a little snappier and have more responsive brakes, but 3 inches of play in the brake pedal is not normal in any car that I'm aware of. Time for a Warranty visit to check out the brakes and throttle response. If your brakes have problems they might be hanging up and affecting acceleration, but let the dealer figure all that out under warranty.

Steve

Reply to
Reb

Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak or issue. I suggest you check with your dealer for a checkup, you don't want to ignore brake issues and with the price of gas you don't want to ignore an issue that will affect mileage. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Thanks to both of you, you verified my concerns. I will call this week for a check up.

Thanks

Rc

Reply to
Geoman1