Solara Convertible

I am thinking buying one and live in NYC, that precludes a test drive on the highway. I would like to know from any owners if the turbulence in the car with the top down at 65 -70 is detrimental enough to make a 400 mile trip uncomfortable enough to keep the top up?

Thanks, El Jefe

Reply to
El Jefe

This is a very subjective thing...what someone else thinks is just dandy ...the wind in the hair and all that...may be intolerable to you. I for one couldn't stand a 400 mile trip in any convertible (even a Rolls Royce) with wind buffeting me, but then I don't even like to drive with the sunroof open. Take a test drive before buying...it's not an option.

Reply to
mack

We've had our '05 Solara Convertible for about a year and a half now and just love it. However, 400 miles non-stop at 65-70 MPH is not the type of top down trip that appeals to me. I will not drive freeways with the top down as the noise of other traffic has my head spinning after an hour, or so.

If you've never had a convertible before, I highly recommend that you lay in a supply of sunscreen, wear sunglasses and a hat or cap.

Mark

Reply to
Mark E. Bye