Source for control arm bushings?

Try your local NAPA store. The online site lists NRP 261663 complete unit for $154. Easy to return if it's not the right part. Rockauto's A1 Cardone 261663 is $122.99, but you'll have to pay shipping on a heavy unit and wait.

Looks like a complete control arm is what they sell now for about $88 aftermarket, which includes a ball joint. Maybe cheaper than buying parts and having the bushings pressed in.

It'll be amazing if these loose parts can cause the turning noise problem on the RH side.

ger> Its for a 1988 Toyota Camry I4 wagon, 3SFE engine. It needs new

Reply to
johngdole

Try Junk Yard.

Reply to
btokfans

Sure, I wouldn't underestimate the usefulness of these places. The 91 control arm may still work, it's the same generation. But I'm not sure about the condition of the rubber bushing and the ball joint. But if it's $5-10 a piece and people want to save money, then it's probably ok to try.

btokfans wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

John: yea, Ill just get a whole new control arm from NAPA. But I had the LH front tire replaced, and this fixed the driveablility problem entirely... no pulling to right, no knock-knock in turns, no right/left shake in steering wheel. Had the same symptoms on a 85 Mercedes not long ago, and it was a worn out suspension mount...so I didn't think to check the tires out first. Now I just hear minor abnormal clunks when car hits bumps or dips in the road. Regards, Jim

Reply to
geronimo

Its for a 1988 Toyota Camry I4 wagon, 3SFE engine. It needs new front lower control arm bushings. I have tried Rock Auto, Autozone, and O'Reilly, they don't have this.

Reply to
geronimo

Good to hear. Yeah, dull rubber like sounds didn't sound like CVs.

ger> John:

Reply to
johngdole