source for dash light bulbs?

Wow, the dealer wants a ton of money for the light bulbs that illuminate the A/C button ( the back light bulb ), and for the two bulbs that illuminate the 3 dials for heat, fan, and air location. I have a 2001 Camry. Anybody know a cheaper source for these bulbs?

Thanks

Reply to
LeftSpin

Does he want a ton of money to install the bulbs, they are not easy to replace. Look in your owners manual for the bulb number, should be easy to find.

Reply to
ROBMURR

There are two types of bulbs in a Toyota dash: the larger ones, that can be replaced with either a #168 or #194 (I did my '85 Corolla with Blue #194s!) and a smaller one; if you ever worked with model cars or model trains, like the lighting for the street signs on a railraod layout, called 'wheatgrain' bulbs. These are the ones used for the temp controls and the middle section of the dash; they are not easily found. I have gone to junkyards for parts, and when I do I yank them from the dash, because I have not found a supplier yet!

Reply to
HachiRoku

You might try a Radio Shack store.

Reply to
Philip

They have them with Looooong leads!

Reply to
HachiRoku

They also have them in bayonet and push-in bases.

Reply to
Philip

Hmmm....I never have seen the small ones in Rad Shack. I'll check it. Thanks!

Reply to
HachiRoku

The part number isn't too hard to look up. The cost is pretty high. $7 for a single bulb!

Reply to
LeftSpin